Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Master Cleanse, Days 7, 8 & 9

Finally! I'm at day 9 and thinking it hasn't been all that bad. I'm going back and forth about whether or not to continue after tomorrow. There are good arguments on both sides of the question. I'm feeling really great right now - not hungry, energetic, very alert, thinking quickly and clearly, not smoking. If I stay on the cleanse, these effects will continue.

On the other hand, if I do stay on the cleanse, I probably won't be ready to eat before Thanksgiving, and I would like to participate in that food fest on some level (hopefully raw food). So, I think I'm emotionally leaning toward making tomorrow the last day and physically leaning toward staying on another week or two.

Yesterday, I went to the gym for a workout. I hadn't been there for at least 6 months. That being the case, I decided to go easy and stick with the treadmill - walking briskly for 20 minutes and jogging lightly for 10 minutes. Frankly, I could have worked out much harder for at least another 15 minutes, (I had that much energy) but I was afraid of being crippled today from too-much-too-soon syndrome (which I usually suffer from). I'm fine, though. Can't even tell I went to the gym. And last night I was energy-packed. It's amazing that I fell asleep at all last night. Hopefully, I will be able to get to the gym again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment