Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting Ready for the Master Cleanse

Hi and welcome to the VeggieWave Blog! Tomorrow morning I will begin my second Master Cleanse, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to begin a blog and record the experience. Today I have been mentally preparing myself to embark upon this journey.

It is both exhilarating and slightly daunting to be readying myself again. The last time I did the cleanse was in February 2008, the day after Fat Tuesday. My plan was to go for 10 days, but in the end, I went for a full 20 days without solid food. Frankly, it was a great experience! I dropped some weight, my complexion cleared up and so did my foggy brain, and it launched me into my raw food diet with ease. It was wonderful to think with crystal clarity.

Those are the things that I look forward to again. What I dread is being cold. The last time, I just couldn't seem to get warm. So, I am armed with lots of warm clothing and a bit of trepidation.

So why am I even doing this? Well, I have been eating mostly raw since February. I've lost more weight, feel and look better, and generally enjoy this style of eating. Still, it has been difficult to go to family events and not eat the feast of cooked foods around me, so I "cheat" and enjoy it every once in awhile. Also, I have gradually gone back to smoking cigarettes, which I had easily quit on the cleanse. The Master Cleanse really helps with cravings of all sorts, nicotine included. Now I want to lose the smokes again, and what better time than while cleansing myself of all kinds of toxins?

Tonight I take the first step of my cleanse by drinking a cup of laxative tea before going to sleep. My tea of choice tonight is Smooth Move Chocolate. The laxative tea must have senna in it. I'll talk a little more about that tomorrow. For now, I say "Good night" and thanks for joining me. I hope you will visit often and share this experience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment