Sunday, November 16, 2008

Master Cleanse, Days 5 & 6

Day 6 is now done and I am thinking that maybe this time around, 10 days will be enough - at least, emotionally. Perhaps I wasn't psychologically prepared enough this time around. I kind of decided to do it, went out and bought what I needed and started the next day. Now I am starting to feel deprived! LOL I am missing all my delicious raw foods!

It seems as though I have more cravings this time around. I think about food more and notice pictures of food and smells of food much more.

My weight is at 117 lbs. Not much of a loss, but weight loss is not my goal. Also, the last time, I didn't really lose any weight to speak of until about the 15th day. On the other hand, I continued to lose weight afterwards rather than gain it back like many people do.

My thinking does seem to be getting clearer, but I am still experiencing mood swings. I get weepy and frustrated conversing with family members. It feels like they are being argumentative, but I think it's me who is doing most of the arguing. This is most likely withdrawals/detoxing from nicotine. I have smoked for 45 years, so I can hardly expect to not feel a difference. Also, the weirdest thing was happening today. I kept tasting mint all day and evening, even though I had not consumed mint and was not near anything minty all day. Go figure! I have no idea what that was all about.

My skin tone is great, I feel more rested on less sleep and have more energy than I need. Still, I'll have to see if I want to continue when the 10 days are up. I'm not actually hungry - that is, my stomach doesn't growl and no hunger pangs, but I crave foods of all kinds and really want to chew something. Maybe it's just more detox. We'll see what happens in a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment